1 tilapia filet per person (approximately 1 pound for three people)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds per three filets
1 tbsp butter per three filets
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan and heat over medium heat, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sprinkle tilapia filets with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place filets in pan and heat 3-5 minutes per side, until flesh turns white
4. After both sides have been cooked place a 1/3 tbsp of butter on top of each filet and sprinkle almonds over the top (divided evenly among all filets). Then squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the fish.
5. Place the fish in the pan in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until almonds have browned.
I enjoyed my tilapia with wild rice that I cooked in chicken broth and some sauteed vegetables.