I had to figure out how to use that left over pumpkin from my pumpkin mousse and in exploring what I had in my cabinets and freezer I came up with the idea of pumpkin crepes. I love crepes. They are so light and delicious. You can make them savory, you can make them sweet. You can turn them into anything you want and these are particularly great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a nighttime snack.
3 large eggs
1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup corn starch
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
butter or cooking spray to coat pan
1. Mix all crepe ingredients together (except for the butter)
2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan liberally with cooking spray or melt the butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and immediately pick the pan up and move it in a circulate motion until the batter thinly coats the entire bottom.
3. Using a spatula, flip the crepe after 20-40 seconds, or when the mixture appears to be solidified.
4. Cook for another minute or until the crepe begins to brown lightly on the underside
5. Stack the crepes once done and let cool.
6. Gently lay one crepe out on a plate
7. Place whatever filling you choose in the middle. I used blueberries and banana.
8. Fold one side of the crepe up over the filling, then the other.
9. Top with ice cream or frozen yogurt as desired.