1 large bunch asparagus
1/2 large white or vidalia onion
3 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove chopped fresh garlic
Non fat Greek Yogurt
1. Chop the woody bottoms off of the asparagus. If you don't know where to cut pick up one stalk of asparagus hold it at the top and bottom and bend. Wherever the asparagus snaps is where you should cut the rest of the stems.
2. Chop the tips off of the asparagus stems
3. Chop onion
4. Bring chicken broth to boil, drop in asparagus, onion, and garlic (powder or chopped clove)
5. Boil for 4-5 minutes, until asparagus is tender
6. Pour broth and vegetables into blender or food processor and puree until smooth
7. Chill for 30-45 minutes
8. Steam asparagus tips for 3-4 minutes
9. Dallop soup with spoonful of greek yogurt once chilled. Place asparagus tips on top of dollop and enjoy. I like to stir the yogurt into the soup to make a uniform creamy texture.