6.29.2011

Low Fat Pumpkin Mousse

I'm usually a great advocate of natural ingredients.  I prefer all natural 2% type of food to fat free no sugar added synthetic ingredients.  However, when I was introduced to this recipe by a coworker and told that it was only 1 1/2 points on the weight watchers plan I had to try it.  I love pumpkin anything.  And I can always use another low fat satisfying dessert recipe in my repertoire.  This dessert is the perfect mixture of all natural creamy pumpkin puree and light airy whipped topping that when combined becomes a rich indulgent treat that you can eat as much as you want of and not feel guilty.

Ingredients:
1 box instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding
1 cup skim milk (if the fat content is not an issue for you you can use whole milk)
7.5 ounces (1/2 can) organic pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
4 oz free whipped topping
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
cinnamon


1. Whisk the milk into the instant pudding mixture until pudding thickens.


2. Whisk the pumpkin into the pudding until mixture is smooth.




3. Trade your whisk for a plastic spatula or spoon and gently fold the whipped topping into the pudding/pumpkin mixture.  Note: Do not stir forcefully or mousse will deflate





4. Gently stir in pumpkin pie spice until all ingredients are incorporated.




5. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top and enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Mmm... Makes me want pumpkin pie. Hurry up Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete