2 cups Low sodium chicken broth
1 cubed skinless boneless chicken breast or 1 cup cubed dark meat (without skin)
3/4 cup frozen green peas
3/4 cup frozen pearl onions
1/2 cup frozen carrots or 1 fresh carrot (chopped in 1/4 inch thick slices or diced squares the same size as the pearl onions)
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1 9 inch pie crust
1 tbsp butter
1. In a large pan boil the chicken broth, set aside 1/2 cup in a smaller pan
2. After broth has come to boil add in chopped up chicken, peas, carrots, and onions. Bring to boil cover and cook for 10 minutes
3. While the broth mixture is cooking bring smaller pan of broth to boil. Once broth has begun to boil add in 1 tsp at a time of the flour. Whisk while adding flour until all the flour has dissolved.
4. Add the milk and whisk until mixed well
5. Add the flour/broth/milk mixture into the chicken and vegetable mixture and stir well
6. Ladle the mixture into two ramekins that are oven safe
7. Roll out the pie crust and slice diagonally
8. Place one piece of crust over each ramekin. Press down over the sides of the ramekin and trim off excess crust dough with a knife.
9. Poke the top of the crust with a fork twice so heat can escape during cooking and the pie doesn't explode.
10. Brush the top of the pot pie with melted butter.
11. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees until crust is golden brown