7.13.2010

New found obsession- Tuna steaks

I've never been a huge fan of tuna. I tend to avoid tuna burgers and as much as I love sushi I tend to avoid the tuna sashimi but for some reason I felt compelled to buy a tuna steak at the grocery store a few weeks ago. After it sat in my freezer for three weeks I finally decided to take it out and do something with it and the results were shockingly wonderful. It was so simple too.

I defrosted my tuna steak to room temperature, sprinkled each side with about a 1/2 tsp of salt, a sprinkle of pepper and enough sesame seeds to lightly coat the outside, and then drizzled a bit of olive oil on top. I then put it on my grill pan which I had preheated over medium-high heat and cooked each side until I could see a small line of pink in the middle. Approximately 2 minutes on each side. And voile! Perfect tuna steak for a sandwich, salad, or anything in between.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment