3 peppers (color is your choice)
Olive oil, 5 tbsp
Small white or yellow onion, chopped
5 chopped white button mushrooms
1 clove garlic, finely diced
1/2 pound ground turkey
3/4 cup Marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
1. Cut the top off of each pepper and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside.
2. Place the hollowed peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes, until slightly soft.
3. Saute chopped onion until translucent in 4 tbsp olive oil.
4. Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add ground turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
6. Add marinara sauce and bring to a boil.
7. Add rice and stir.
8. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
9. Place pepper in baking dish with a 1/2 inch of water in the bottom.
10. Fill with rice and turkey mixture until heaping.
11. Drizzle remaining olive oil over top of pepper.
12. Bake for 15 minutes until top is lightly browned.
And enjoy your delicious, healthy meal.