7.07.2011

What a find

Since I have to work this evening but I didn't want to waste an entire day laying around I decided to go get a mani/pedi/eyebrow wax.  None of which I have done in about 3 months.

A coworker recommended a nail salon in Falls Church that I decided to try out.  I opted for a gel manicure.  Since I only pay to have my nails done every couple months I decided the splurge would be worth it.  I have been told that gel manicures last for two to three weeks.  I paid $55 for a gel manicure and standard spa pedicure.  And well I can't say that my manicure has lasted forever (because I only did it today) one perk that I have already noticed is that the second I walked out of the salon I could use my fingers to open the car door and sift through my purse without worrying about smudges.  The shellac hardens to an impenetrable coat before you even walk out the door!  Already well worth the extra cash!


I opted for a grayish shellac color as I wanted something neutral but fun and funky.

Another perk of this new nail salon?!  There was a fabulous consignment shop next door that I decided to wander into.  And boy am I glad.  If any of you are in the Falls Church area in the next few weeks or you feel like making a trip there I would highly recommend checking out the Barcelona Boutique Women's Clothing Store (5713 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207)


The co-owner Cyndi, who was incredibly friendly, told me that if I mentioned the store to friends she would give me 60% off of all the new merchandise in the store.  And if YOU care to go check it out and mention Cyndi or tell her that a friend sent you, you will get 60% off as well!

The store was full of adorable dresses, tops and sweaters galore.  Most with the original tags on them. 




I purchased an amazing Calvin Klein top for $39.20, which still had the tag on it, and a striped tube skirt for $6.  

Cyndi even game me hangers to take the clothes home on!  

Overall it's been a great day!  Now, i'm off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment