7.18.2011

Nutty Banana Bread

A delicious recipe and a great waste not tip.  Bananas starting to go bad?  Left em for one day too many and they're a bit too brown to eat.  Pop em in the freezer.  Once you've collected three its time to make a delicious loaf.


Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
3 frozen bananas (thawed and peeled)
2 large eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk



1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Cream room temperature butter into sugar and stir in eggs

3. Mash thawed bananas into butter and sugar mixture


4. Add in cinnamon, vanilla, and milk


5. Mix flour and baking soda together and slowly combine into wet ingredients.  If you like walnuts or almonds, stir in 1/2 a cup.

(it may not look so pretty but trust me it will taste beautiful when done)

6. Pour into a greased loaf pan.  I like to sprinkle some nuts on the top of the loaf so anyone partaking will know whats inside.

7. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes



And enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I love a good banana bread recipe! Never seen almonds in banana bread before but I bet they would be fantastic. Could definitely do with a slice of this with my morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The almonds are great! Then again I like almonds in everything. Walnuts are delish too. Honestly I just use whatever kind of nuts I have!

    ReplyDelete