When searching for a weeknight dinner all by my lonesome I often find myself unmotivated to concoct a large elaborate meal. Then again sometimes I want something better than frozen burritos (which, don't get me wrong I eat my fair share of). I have perfected the art of the simple tasty meal and following is one of my favorites.
thin sliced honey ham
brie or camembert cheese
1 can hearts of palm
1/2 medium tomato or 1 small tomato(chopped)
1/4 kalamata olives (sliced)
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1) preheat over to 350
2) Make 5 thin baguette slices (about 1/2-3/4 inch thick, depending on your liking)
3) place the slices on a pan, lightly drizzle with olive oil
4) Top each baguette with a 1/3 slice of ham
5) Place a thin slice of brie on top of ham
6) Place crouetes in oven and bake until brie is melted (approximately 3-5 minutes)
While crouetes are cooking....
1) slice hearts of palm 1/2 inch thick
2) place hearts of palm in bowl and gently toss with tomato and olives
3) sprinkle with salt
4) lightly drizzle with olive oil and toss with balsamic vinegar
Place shredded basil on top of crouetes when cheese is melted and savor....