1. Wash the skin thoroughly.
2. Pat the potato dry with a cloth.
3. Pierce with a fork or knife on all sides.
4. Coat the outside with a light coating of olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with corse sea salt.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes turning once half way through.
The result, a crispy crunchy skin with a soft baked center.
I love the traditional topping of bacon, cheese, scallions and sour cream but sometimes I like to get creative.
This evenings potato. Topped with sautéed leeks and mushrooms with a sprinkle of cheddar.
Try these on for size....
Chilli and cheddar cheese
Sauteed spinach and onions
Top a sweet potato with goat cheese, dried cranberries and spinach