- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- One 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1. Saute onions in olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat until tender and aromatic, approximately 5 minutes
2. Once onions are soft put garlic into pan and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with an additional 1/4 cup of water. Make sure that everything is well incorporated.
4. Add additional olive oil to the pan that was used to saute the onion and put over medium heat.
5. Form mixture into patties and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
Toast up a bun, top with whatever you like (cheese, tomato, lettuce, dressing, the possibilities are endless!)