9.26.2011

Shrimp and Grits

In honor of my upcoming trip south (heading to Nashville in 10 days) I decided a southern breakfast was in order.  It was a nice change up in my usual breakfast routine and filled me up with plenty of protein to fuel me through the day.


Ingredients:
1 packet instant grits, butter flavored (follow directions on package)
1/2 cup small-medium shrimp
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1/2 tsp olive oil
cooking spray
tabasco sauce

1. Heat a pan over medium heat.
2. Toss peeled, deveined shrimp in a bowl with sprinkle of salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil until well coated.
3. Place shrimp in pan and cook approximately 2 minutes in each side or until shrimp curl and turn pink.
4. Place grits in bowl and arrange shrimp on top of grits. Sprinkle with tabasco as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment