9.21.2011

Pumpkin orzo

This delicious autumn dish is super easy to make and incredibly rich and delicious.  I watched Paula Dean make it while I was drinking my morning coffee curled up on the couch and decided instantly I had to make it this week and post the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Ingredients: 
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp fresh ground ginger (or substitute for a sprinkle of powdered ginger)
1 tsp honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup uncooked orzo

1. Combine all ingredients, except orzo, in medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil

2. Add orzo and reduce heat to a simmer
3. Cook stirring often for approximately 15 minutes or until orzo is tender
4. Garnish with a basil or mint leaf if desired and serve



2 comments:

  1. I love orzo although I don't make it a lot. It looks and sounds fantastic with the addition of pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous22.10.11

    almost risotto like! looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete