12.04.2010

Clothes swap

Every year, well now twice a year, I gather my girlfriends for  a clothes swap.  Essentially the way it works is that everyone collects clothes, shoes, purses, hats, jewelry and other accessories that they no longer wear and brings them all to one persons house.  We lay out all the clothing and everyone gets to go through other peoples things and take what they want.  Ever wanted to shop in your friends closet?  Yeah its like that.  At the end of the swap all of the clothing and accessories that have not been claimed are bagged up and donated to charity.

This swap was the first ever winter swap and I think from now on, because of my own and my friends shopping habits we will continue to have swaps biannually as we all have enough clothing to support the swap.

Pictures from this years swap
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Mimosa's with frozen blueberries
Photobucket
The spread (apps provided by participants)
Photobucket

What I wore to the swap
Photobucket
[Sweater- Free people, White silk button up- H&M, Turquoise pendant- street sale, Leggings- forever 21, boots- target]
Note the white tank under my loose shirt so I could try on things over it without totally exposing myself, and the leggings to go under skirts and dresses (roughly the same thing I'd wear for thirsting

pictures from swaps in years past
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment